Whether you are Buying or Selling a home, sound legal advice is an essential part of what you need to make an informed decision. Please allow us be part of “YOUR TEAM”.
We will work with you to ensure that your Agreement of Purchase and Sale protects your interests from the time you receive an offer to the completion of the transaction.
Our firm knows that Real Estate transactions are negotiated at all hours and we are available to assist, just call us at 613-232-7900.
RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE PRICE LIST
- New Home: $ 949.00
- Resale Home: $1,049.00
- Condo: $1,149.00
THESE ARE FIXED PRICES TO HELP YOU PLAN!
Prices include legal fees, search costs, law society levy and other office disbursements.
Prices do not include HST, Land Transfer Tax, title insurance or registration costs which can vary.
If you are selling a home, we will:
- Prepare the Purchase and Sale Agreement (if needed),
- Review with you the Purchase and Sale Agreement, including negotiating its terms,
- Provide you with a “To do list” immediately after your offer is accepted to ensure that you know exactly what is required from you (by our firm, the City and the opposite side) to complete your transaction,
- Conduct a sub search on title in advance to address any title problems that may arise,
- Prepare the deed/transfer,
- Prepare and review with you all the required closing documents,
- Attend to you for signing the said closing documents,
- Pay off existing mortgages (if applicable) and make the remaining proceeds payable to you…which is always the best part!
- Advise the Municipality about the change in ownership for property tax purposes, and provide you with our reporting letter detailing all steps taken on your behalf in each transaction.
If you are buying a home, we will:
- Help you understand the terms of the Purchase and Sale Agreement to ensure that your interests are protected,
- Provide you with a “To do list” immediately after your offer is accepted to ensure that you know exactly what is required from you (by our firm, the Lender and the City and the opposite side) to complete your transaction,
- Conduct a title search to ensure that any liens, mortgages etc. registered against the property that will impede your use of it or affect its market value in future are removed prior to closing,
- Prepare all the necessary closing documents in accordance with you’re your instructions,
- Advise you of the exact funds required for closing in advance,
- Register all the legal documents,
- Discuss and advise you on the advantages of obtaining home and title insurance, and ensure that you have obtained these prior to closing if requested,
- For newly constructed home(s); confirm evidence of enrolment under the Ontario New Home Warranty Plan Act and confirm pre-closing Home Warranty Inspection,
- For Condo(s); obtain a status certificate, review and advise you of the status of Condominium corporation the property is a part of, for example, its liabilities,
- For rural or cottage properties, obtain written verification with local Health Unit and the Ministry of the Environment that septic system was installed with the government’s approval, that the water is drinkable and whether there is a well driller’s certificate confirming the proper installation of the well,
- Advise the Municipality about the change in ownership for property tax purposes,
- Prepare final written reports to you and the Lender; and
- Follow-up with you after closing to ensure that all outstanding matters on the day of closing are dealt with in a timely manner
While the above is a brief overview of our role in a real estate transaction, it is important to consult with a lawyer prior to signing an Agreement of Purchase and Sale for a real property in Ontario and before you have waived any conditions included for your protection.
Call us at 613-232-7900 for a free consultation and discuss how we can assist you in the process of selling or buying your home.
FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION, CONTACT US at 613 232 7900 OR BY EMAIL @ INFO@OTTAWALAWFIRM.COM
Our firm hopes that you will find this website engaging and informative. The contents of this website are not to be considered or relied upon as legal advice for your specific case. In order to become a client of our firm, we require that a retainer agreement be signed.
Le contenu de ce site ne doit pas être considéré comme des conseils juridiques. Pour devenir client de notre cabinet d’avocat, il faudra signer un accord de retenue.